The café will sell a wide range of food and drink through a simplified model without the need for extensive kitchen and food preparation facilities. Food will be bought in prepared and packaged from external suppliers and either served cold or heated through the use of a flat-bed panini toaster. Hot drinks will be provided through a bean-to-cup machine and cold drinks will be provided via a refrigerated cabinet or slush machine. Pre-frozen fruit smoothies will also be provided and ground floor vending machines will also provide snacks and canned/bottled cold drinks.
Reporting to the Café Manager, a member of the Café Staff is responsible for the ‘front of counter’ operation of the mezzanine café and mezzanine and ground floor viewing areas ensuring the highest standards of hygiene, safety and customer service.
Key responsibilities of the Café Staff include:
Front of counter delivery of food and drink to customers including the operation of bean-to-cup coffee machines and a flat-bed panini toaster.
Operation of chip and pin machines and an EPOS cash till including the handling of cash payments.
Keeping the counter and storage areas clear, well-organised and easy to use.
Keeping the ground floor and mezzanine café and viewing areas clear and tidy with table routinely cleared and cleaned in accordance with operational procedures.
Raising any maintenance or significant cleaning issues to the Café Manager.
Ensuring that a personal full understanding is maintained about menus, offers and other operational information.
Assisting in the delivery of parties or other events as directed by the Café Manager.
Promoting and practising relevant health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety standards.
Assisting the Café Manager in maintaining effective stock control, storage and rotation to minimise wastage.
Compliance with all organisational policies and procedures, including those for cash and stock handling.
Assisting the Café Manger in the controlling and managing of enquiries, complaints and emergencies including administering First Aid as required.
To undertake any other duties as deemed necessary to assist in the day to day running of the centre.
• The ability to work quickly while remaining welcoming and friendly to customers
• The ability to deal with customers and the queries and concerns in a polite manner
• The ability to deal with an emergency with calmness
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene legislation
• Good IT, numeracy and literacy skills
• Qualification in hospitality/catering
• Up to date First Aid at Work qualification
• Experience of working in a café or other customer-facing environment
• Experience of till and chip and pin operation and cash handling
• A dynamic individual with a ‘can do’ positive attitude and approach
• Demonstrates trust, openness and respect in dealing with staff and members of the public
• Flexible approach to tasks and workload
• A natural sense of enthusiasm
• An appreciation of, and commitment to, the culture and philosophy of Air Vault
I’M INTERESTED! WHAT’S NEXT?
How to apply: When submitting an application, please send your CV with a covering letter, detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position, giving relevant experience, your pay expectations and confirming your availability. Please also be sure to let us know which site and position you are applying for and whether you are looking for full or part time hours.